On January 17th, PRA convened a panel of organizers and experts to reflect on the January 6th insurrection, far-right mobilizing throughout the 2020 election season and into 2021, and the implications of an emboldened Far Right for racial justice organizing. We were honored to be joined by:
- Chinyere Tutashinda, Director of BlackOUT Collective, a radical full service direct action organization within the Movement for Black Lives building capacity to execute creative and effective direct actions in service of the organizing and advocacy work of member groups.
- Diala Shamas, staff attorney for the Center on Constitutional Rights, where she works on challenging government and law enforcement abuses perpetrated under the guise of national security, both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Nikita Mitchell, National Coordinator for the Rising Majority, a coalition created in 2017 by Movement for Black Lives and allied organizations to develop a collective strategy and shared practice across Left and POC-led social movements.
- Steven Gardiner, PRA Assistant Research Director
- Tarso Luís Ramos, PRA Executive Director