Week 12: Public Education
From “school choice” schemes and the neoliberal privatization movement to the influence of the Christian Right on curriculum and school policy, public education is a key battleground.
- Defending Public Education – Activist Resource Kit
- Opening Pandora’s Box: The Rise & Fall of the Right’s School Voucher Pioneer by Rachel Tabachnick
- Alliance Defending Freedom: the Right-Wing Lawyers Fueling Transphobia in Schools by Cole Parke and Gabriel Joffe
- The Right’s “School Choice” Scheme By Rachel Tabachnick
- From Schoolhouse to Statehouse: Curriculum from a Christian Nationalist Worldview by Rachel Tabachnick
- Privatizing Massachusetts: The Right-Wing’s Blue State Game Plan by Abby Scher
- History Wars Exposed: Right-Wing Influence in APUSH Curriculum Update by Gabriel Joffe and Katherine Stewart
- From Singapore to Arizona: Right-Wing Groups Invade Classrooms and Curriculum by Cole Parke
- “Zero Tolerance” for Silenced Histories: Neglecting Civil Rights Education in Schools by Rebecca Suldan
- The Koch-Like Family You’ve Never Heard Of Influencing State Legislatures by Jonathon Orta
Well aware that organizers on the ground often encounter threats and intimidation from the Right Wing, we have compiled a variety of resources from our staff researchers and allies HERE.