Interested in joining our team as an intern?
PRA offers semester, full academic year, and summer internships with flexible scheduling. We offer a $500 stipend for those who can commit to 8-10hrs/week and $1000 stipend for those who can commit to 16-20 hours per week. All internships take place in PRA’s Somerville, MA office. Please note: We are not seeking remote interns at this time.
Whether through its hard-hitting reports and investigative long-form writing, or its analytical, web-exclusive articles and insightful daily blog posts, Political Research Associates is committed to holding those on the Right who seek to undermine social justice and human rights accountable. PRAs research areas span gender, racial, immigrant, and economic justice; civil liberties; education; and other areas under attack by the Right. Our research and analysis helps inform the struggles of social justice advocates and works for a better, more just society.
Internship Application Deadlines:
- Fall internship: Apply by July 15th
- Spring internship: Apply by November 1st
- Summer internship: Apply by March 1st
- Additional applications may be considered on a rolling basis
To apply, send a resume, one writing sample, and a cover letter detailing why you want to intern at PRA to firstname.lastname@example.org. We prefer to recieve applications in PDF format. PRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
In your cover letter please indicate your availability and highlight your interest/experience in one or more of the areas below:
Research & Editorial
Research & Editorial interns help in investigating a variety of right-wing movements and institutions, and in producing The Public Eye magazine. Research & Editorial interns often have an interest and desire to learn more about journalism, research, and publishing.
Research and editorial responsibilities may include:
- Extensive web, library, or phone research;
- Proofreading and fact-checking;
- Assisting researchers and analysts;
- Assistance with design and layout of the magazine;
- Contributing writing to the Eyes Right Blog
Communications & Development
Communications & Development interns report directly to the Communications or Development Director and contribute to our marketing/digital strategy and best use of our website through tasks such as:
- Drafting press releases, email blasts, newsletters, and other materials
- Supporting the development of media strategies and journalist outreach for promoting major releases/events
- Contributing to social media, blog, and other editorial opportunities
- Multimedia projects using layout, photo, audio, or video equipment;
- Supporting fundraising initiatives and helping integrate communications and development.
QUALIFICATIONS: Commitment to social justice values; Excellent written communications, editing, and proofreading skills; detail-oriented; proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and graphic design applications preferred; prior experience in either journalism/research or marketing/public relations; ability to multitask and handle short- and long-term projects; ability to work independently and part of a team.