Who You Are:
You are a talented nonprofit professional or a skilled organizer motivated to join a team of researchers invested in shifting power dynamics in the world through contributing knowledge and strategic engagement with social justice movements. Driven and committed to social justice, you have creative ideas about how to support knowledge production as a critical component of movements across a range of social justice sectors. You recognize that we have to respond to this moment of crisis, and plan ahead for what may come, even in the face of great uncertainty. The idea of helping build such a movement is what gets you out of bed in the morning. You are an amazing writer, detail- and goal-oriented, a quick study for new ideas and technology, and thrive on building supportive relationships across diverse communities.
PRA is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to join a growing Research and Programs Team. Working closely with the Research Director, this position plays a vital role in coordinating and supporting all program related work at PRA. This position provides direct support to Research Director in coordinating a growing number of research projects in-house and with consultants and fellows, and ensuring the smooth operation of the research team. The position also works very closely with the current Program and Communications Coordinator to support the management of a robust internship program and enabling effective communication of the research products.
The Program Coordinator’s key responsibilities include:
- Provide Support to the Research Director in project management; including tracking deliverables, coordinating meetings and advisory groups, and managing contracts with consultants;
- Provide administrative support for program team, including note-taking in project-specific and program team meetings and supporting program and staff retreat preparations;
- Contribute to research planning; including maintaining a production calendar for various research projects and facilitating timely delivery of content;
- Provide research and editorial assistance to PRA authors; including preliminary research and literature review;
- Assist in the coordination of fact checking and proofreading for reports and other publications.
- Provide assistance for the management of the internship program; including hiring, assigning responsibilities, training and direct supervision;
- Interact with movement allies and support organizing and outreach elements of PRA’s work;
- Provide some operational support, including documentation strategies and assistance with archival projects;
- Assist with planning and proposals for staff activities and attendance at external conferences;
- Occasionally authoring pieces for the Eyes Right blog and The Public Eye as needed;
- Provide assistance on a number of ad-hoc projects including support for production for reports and other publications.
- Knowledge of social justice movements and social justice-minded audiences particularly in the area of gender and reproductive justice;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Demonstrated efficacy managing projects, multitasking, and keeping deadlines;
- Critical and creative thinking and strong ability to problem-solve;
- Strong verbal communication and engagement skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to support and contribute to all areas of the organization’s research program;
- Passion for social justice and a commitment to the vision and mission of PRA; and
- Willingness to learn new skills.
Salary is competitive, on a social justice nonprofit scale, commensurate with skills and experience. (Expected range: $40,000-$46,000) This position requires some travel and occasional evening or weekend commitments. Generous compensation package includes full medical & dental, retirement, fabulous colleagues, and a collaborative working environment. This is a full-time salaried position based in Somerville, Massachusetts. PRA is a racial justice and equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and references with Program Coordinator in the subject line to email@example.com. Position open until filled. Guaranteed review of applications if submitted by May 23, 2018.