The Operations Manager will work with the Executive Director and the Directors team on PRA’s finance, human resources, and administration ensuring that efficient and effective systems are in place to enhance the organization’s operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Operations Manager’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with PRA’s outsourced accountants to provide timely and accurate financial reports. Process accounts payable and accounts receivable through Quickbooks, process payroll through outsourced firm. Liaise with outsourced accountants for auditing process.
- Maintain policies and benefits for PRA’s staff. Work with the Executive Director and Directors team to streamline the recruitment, selection, placement and on-boarding of new staff. Prepare work space and paperwork for new hires, and provide basic office information and orientation.
- Work with and oversee the relationship with the outsourced IT provider to identify, implement, and manage hardware and software needs.
- Oversee day-to-day management of the office, including receipt and delivery of mail, phone calls and messages.
- Plan and execute the logistics of staff meetings and retreats in consultation with Executive Director and Directors team; schedule meeting rooms, Board meetings, and others as needed.
- Manage vendor accounts and relations; establish new accounts as necessary.
- Serve as staff contact for facility/building needs, interfacing with building maintenance vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Organize, implement and maintain electronic and paper filing systems and organize shared spaces in the office, including accounting files and HR files. Manage compliance with document retention policy.
- Track and meet requirements and deadlines for filing paperwork with federal, state and local agencies, including state fundraising registrations.
- Provide scheduling and travel support for Executive Director, as needed.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum BS/BA degree with at least 5-7 years of experience (in for-profit or nonprofit positions) that demonstrates excellent judgment, effective multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities, including a minimum of four years of successful leadership experience in managing organizations, financial systems and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Computer systems expertise, including knowledge of Quickbooks accounting and reporting software.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to work in a team setting.
- Passion for PRA’s mission.
- Dependable execution, ability to manage aggressive deadlines while maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly disciplined and reliable, capacity to serve as a planner and provider of structure that enables others to thrive.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability; team player and partner mentality
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Salary is competitive, on a social justice nonprofit scale, commensurate with skills and experience. (Expected range: $55,000-65,000.) This position requires occasional evening or weekend commitments. Generous compensation package includes full medical & dental, retirement, fabulous colleagues, and a collaborative working environment. This is a full-time salaried position based in Somerville, Massachusetts. PRA is a racial justice and equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and references with Operations Manager in the subject line to email@example.com.