Since 1981, Political Research Associates (PRA) has produced investigative research and analysis on the U.S. Right to support social justice advocates and defend human rights. Our core issue areas span reproductive justice, LGBTQ rights, racial/immigrant justice, civil liberties, and economic justice.
Interested in joining our team as an intern?
PRA offers paid fall, spring, and summer internships at a rate of $17/hr. Internships are usually 150 hours total over the course of a semester or equivalent time period (10-12 weeks) and takes place at our office in Somerville, MA.
Please note: We are not seeking remote interns at this time.
What we are looking for:
- Commitment to social justice values
- Excellent written communications, editing, and proofreading skills
- Attention to detail and methodical commitment to finding factual sources
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Google applications
- Prior experience or coursework in either journalism, research, communications, or fundraising
- Ability to multitask and handle short- and long-term projects
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
To apply, please fill out the intern application form by the date outlined below.
- Fall 2019 internship: Apply by July 1, Internship begins by Oct 1
- Spring 2020 internship: Apply by November 1, Internship begins by Feb 1
- Summer 2020 internship: Apply by March 1, Internship begins by June 1
PRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
In your cover letter, please indicate your availability and highlight your interest/experience in the areas below:
Research & Editorial
- Web, library, and phone research;
- Proofreading and fact-checking;
- Assisting authors and researchers;
- Print and web production;
- Writing and journalism.
Communications & Development
- Drafting press releases, email blasts, newsletters, and other materials
- Supporting media and outreach strategies for promoting major releases/events
- Creating and updating social media content;
- Multimedia projects using layout, photo, audio, or video equipment;
- Supporting fundraising initiatives and helping integrate communications and development.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com.